Be Proactive About Periodontal Health
Gum disease is a destructive, progressive oral condition impacting the gum tissues, periodontal ligament and alveolar bone supporting the teeth. Millions of Americans have this oral disease, yet many live with it unknowingly, or even choose to ignore it.
However, by not treating gum disease, these individuals are setting themselves up for future oral and systemic health problems, often producing dire consequences. Be proactive about your periodontal health, and get the treatment you need from Dr. Kayvon Javid and Dr. Mariam Nadi starting today.
Did You Know?
Nearly 65 million adults in the U.S. have some form of gum disease. Many do not even know they show symptoms.
Understanding the Stages of Gum Disease
- Gingivitis: The beginning stage of gum disease, gingivitis is characterized by inflamed, tender and bleeding gums, but is completely reversible if treated in time. Bone tissue is not impacted at this early level.
- Periodontitis: When harmful oral bacteria produce toxins, the body responds by destroying the bone and periodontal ligament keeping the teeth in place. In this stage of gum disease early to moderate bone loss occurs, often along with gum recession, halitosis and bleeding gum tissues.
- Advanced Periodontitis: This advanced stage of gum disease further affects periodontal structures, resulting in severe bone loss, greater gum recession, tooth mobility, shifting of teeth and often tooth loss.
Do Not Ignore Gum Disease Symptoms
- Gums that bleed when brushing, flossing or eating
- Bad taste in the mouth or bad breath (halitosis)
- Red, inflamed or tender gums
- Presence of a gum abscess or pus around teeth
- Gum recession
- Tooth sensitivity
- Loose teeth
Comfortable, Compassionate, Effective Gum Treatment
To avoid such dangers, it is extremely important to treat gum disease as early as possible. Drs. Javid and Nadi offer pain-free treatment for all stages of gum disease, right from the comfort of our modern, inviting practice. Throughout their combined 25 years practicing dentistry, they have passionately worked to incorporate the most advanced procedures and techniques available to ensure successful results for the various needs of their patients.
Drs. Javid and Nadi remain committed to bringing you and your family members the highest level of technology for comfortable, successful periodontal care, so that you may enjoy a healthy mouth and healthy lifestyle now and in the future.